[Python-Dev] Challenge: Please break this! (was: Reviving restricted mode)

tav tav at espians.com
Mon Feb 23 21:37:11 CET 2009

Hey Brett,

> Ah, OK. I just quickly looked at your patches on codereview and noticed that
> neither __closure__ or __globals__  have been touched.

Those are already restricted by Python when __builtins__ is not the
same as the standard one.

> I assume you are worried about getting a hold of the code type and
> constructing code objects from scratch?

Right. And, func_code is restricted too so didn't need any additional support.

>> Please review and accept =)

> I personally don't have the time. The feedback in this email is all I can
> spare.

That's cool -- thanks for this much!

I'm hoping someone out there has a few spare minutes.

The patch is just 6 lines of code...

Someone? Pretty please? =)

--
love, tav