[Python-Dev] Paving the Way to Securing the Python Interpreter [Detailed Summary]

tav tav at espians.com
Wed Feb 25 17:07:37 CET 2009

Dear fellow Python lovers,

I have written up a detailed summary on:

  http://tav.espians.com/paving-the-way-to-securing-the-python-interpreter.html

Please read it.

In the article I give the rationale for my patch, which I've updated at:

* http://codereview.appspot.com/20051/show

Please review it. Consider it as simply a bug fix for the current set
of restricted attributes in Python.

In the article I also provide some much needed documentation on
Python's existing restricted execution framework. Martin asked for
this.

Fell free to adapt the documentation into Doc/ articles. You can find
the reStructuredText source of the article at
http://github.com/tav/blog/tree/master

Many thanks to everyone who took part in the challenge -- it was very
informative and fun!

Please let me know what else I need to do to get the patch accepted. Thanks!

--
love, tav

plex:espians/tav | tav at espians.com | +44 (0) 7809 569 369
http://tav.espians.com | http://twitter.com/tav | skype:tavespian