[Python-Dev] Attention Bazaar mirror users

Wed Feb 25 19:09:08 CET 2009

Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> I've just upgraded the Bazaar mirrors on code.python.org to use bzr
>> 1.12.  We now have the opportunity to upgrade the repository format
>> for better performance.  Because of the bzr-svn requirement, we need a
>> "rich root" format.  Upgrading to 1.9-rich-root could buy us some
>> significant performance improvements, but it will require all clients
>> to upgrade to at least bzr 1.9, which was released on November 7, 2008.
>>
>> I would like to do this upgrade.  If you are currently using the
>> Bazaar mirrors at code.python.org and upgrading your client to at
>> least bzr 1.9 would be a hardship, please contact me.  If I don't hear
>> any objections by say Tuesday, I'll go ahead and do the repo upgrades.
>
> This is now done.  Please let me know if you have any problems with the
> mirrors.

I'd suggest updating the text at http://www.python.org/dev/bazaar/
In particular:

     What do I need?

     * Bazaar 1.0 or newer. As of this writing (04-Nov-2008) Bazaar 1.8
     is the most recent release. As Bazaar is written in Python (yay!),
     it is available for all major platforms, See the Bazaar home page
     for information about versions for your platform.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org