[Python-Dev] Patch Ready for review

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Feb 27 21:51:53 CET 2009

> I am wondering what to expect next.  How long will it be before it is
> applied etc.  This is my first attempt to submit a patch to Python.

Unfortunately, it may take any time between a day and five years, see
below.

> Also, does anyone know who the main person is for running changes to the
> curses library I wanted to get guidance for implementing support for family
> of functions newterm, set_term, reset_term.

The curses module is largely unmaintained; nobody is really responsible
for it (my feeling is that it also has fairly few users). Use "svn log"
to find out what people have been making changes over time; if the
commit messages indicate that they had applied patches from the bug
tracker, also try to recognize any regular non-commit contributors.

Regards,
Martin