[Python-Dev] Bytes for the command line, process arguments and environment variables

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jan 3 09:52:20 CET 2009

> I don't have new solutions, it's just an email to restart the discussion about
> bytes ;-) Martin also asked for a PEP to change the posix module API to
> support bytes.

And I repeat this request: we don't need new discussions; we need a
draft specification. Restarting discussion will just cause it to go
in circles over and over again, until everybody is bored and quits,
so that some time later somebody can restart the discussion, to go
in circles again.

Regards,
Martin