[Python-Dev] I would like an svn account

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 17:30:39 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 1:21 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> You could clone one of the existing DCVS mirrors and open a branch on a public
> hosting service (bitbucket.org, launchpad, etc.). The annoying thing, though,
> is that it requires your co-workers to learn the DVCS in question.

The problem is pushing back to upstream; I don't know much about
mercurial, but I would advise the op to take a look at git-svn or
similar tools with other DVCS (each tool has its own way). It really
is the best IMHO to track a project upstream, with the option of
pushing back - again, it is so simple (took me ~ 1 hour to get around
without any previous encounter with git and I am no genius) and useful
that it is my method of choice to commit to projects I am developing
for and which use svn.

cheers,

David