[Python-Dev] Documentation of Slicings in 3.0

Mitchell L Model mlm at acm.org
Tue Jan 6 16:46:45 CET 2009

The section of the documentation on slicings in 3.0 is substantially
different than in previous versions, including 2.6.  In particular it
states that "The primary must evaluate to a maping object." I've
followed the grammar and the commentary around through a few paths
and cannot convince myself that the docmentation ever covers sequence
slicing.  I'm not sufficiently confident of this to post as a bug, so
I decided to post here first.
--

     --- Mitchell L Model