[Python-Dev] Fixing incorrect indentations in C files (Decoder functions accept str in py3k)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 21:43:57 CET 2009

Brett Cannon wrote:
> Can we then all agree that a policy of re-indenting per function as
> changes are made to the code is acceptable but not required?

Such a rule would certainly make *my* life a lot easier - the reason I
find the tabs annoying is because I have my editor set to switch
everything to 4 space indents by default, and I have to fiddle with it
to get it to keep the tabs when I'm editing functions/files that
previously used tabs for indenting.

Even if we do adopt such a rule, C patches posted to the tracker should
still try to avoid including pure whitespace changes though - leaving
the whitespace changes in the patch tends to lead to patches that look
like "remove function body, add different function body" when only a
couple of lines have actually had significant changes.

Cheers,
Nick.