[Python-Dev] Support for the Haiku OS

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Jan 15 01:10:26 CET 2009

I'm with Martin. In these days of distributed version control systems,
I would think that the effort for the Haiku folks to maintain a branch
of Python in their own version control would be minimal. It is likely
that for each new Python version that comes out, initially it is
broken on Haiku, and then they have to go in and fix it. Doing that in
their own version control has the advantage that they don't have to
worry about not breaking support for any other minority operating
systems, so I expect that all in all the cost will be less for them
than if they have to submit these patches to core Python; and since
that will definitely be less work for core Python, I would call that a
win-win solution.