[Python-Dev] Support for the Haiku OS

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Thu Jan 15 10:00:56 CET 2009

-On [20090115 01:11], Guido van Rossum (guido at python.org) wrote:
>I'm with Martin. In these days of distributed version control systems,
>I would think that the effort for the Haiku folks to maintain a branch
>of Python in their own version control would be minimal. It is likely
>that for each new Python version that comes out, initially it is
>broken on Haiku, and then they have to go in and fix it.

Last time I looked at Haiku and dabbled with it there were some people
actively working on POSIX compliance. My only guess right now is that this
work is largely complete. In effect that would mean that Python would work
out of the box, more or less. So the cost of adding and maintaining it in
the main repository should not be a big overhaul or anything.

Just as a FYI. :)

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust...