[Python-Dev] imap bodystructure parser - email.message.Message extension

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos stephane at voyageonline.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 13:58:27 CET 2009

Hello,

I wrote an extension to the imaplib library that implements a "BODYSTRUCTURE"
parser.

For this I wrote an extension to email.message.Message that allows a message
structure to be loaded from imap, the message can be used like a normal
email.message.Message but the actual payload is only loaded on the fly. This
makes it much quicker for imap applications.

The code is here if anyone fancies a try:

http://voyageonline.co.uk/blog/article/python-imaplibx

I though it might be useful as imaplib is very low level.

Regards,
--
Stephane Konstantaropoulos