[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r68547 - in python/trunk/Lib/test: test_datetime.py test_os.py

Mark Dickinson dickinsm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:39:52 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Kristján Valur Jónsson
<kristjan at ccpgames.com> wrote:
> Interesting.
> Looks like a bug, really.  It's the only function that sets IOError.  All others use posix_error which raises an OSError.

Maybe.  But changing it risks breaking existing code, so would certainly
require (at least) a tracker discussion.

In the meantime, please could you either revert or fix the r68547 checkin?
It looks as though *all* of the (non-Windows) trunk buildbots are failing on
test_os, and if any of the release managers notices we'll all be in
trouble.  :-)

Mark