[Python-Dev] compiling python2.5 (msys+mingw+wine) - giving up using msvcr80 assemblies for now

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jan 22 21:17:48 CET 2009

>  am i right?

You should test that. I'm not sure whether it will crash (in particular,
it might not on load), but it *might* crash, or fail in strange ways
(e.g. when it checks whether something is a string, and decides it is
not, because it is looking at the other PyString_Type)

> and if _that's_ the case, i can stop fricking about with msvcr80  :)

If so, I think there is little point in submitting patches to the Python
bug tracker. I'm -1 on supporting two different-but-similar builds on
Windows. I could accept a different build *process*, but the outcome
must be the same either way.

(of course, msvcr80 is irrelevant, because Python had never been using
that officially)

Regards,
Martin