[Python-Dev] Single Sign-On for *.python.org

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:36:09 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 8:50 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> I do not know alternative OpenID implementation for Python, so the
>> only way I see to continue development is to fork the lib.
>
> PyPI reports 15 packages when you search for OpenID. Not sure whether
> any of these are any good.

django-authopenid 0.9.6  7 	Openid authentification application for Django
- uses openidenabled http://code.google.com/p/django-authopenid/wiki/README

plone.app.openid 1.1 	7 	Plone OpenID authentication support
- the same openidenabled requirement
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.openid/1.1

plone.openid 1.2 	7	OpenID authentication support for PAS
- GPLd, openidenabled -
http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.openid/trunk/setup.py

python-openid 2.2.1 	7 	OpenID support for servers and consumers.
- well, it is the openidenabled lib itself -
http://openidenabled.com/python-openid/

silva.pas.openid 1.1 	7 	OpenID suport for Silva
- openidenabled - https://svn.infrae.com/silva.pas.openid/trunk/setup.py

TracOpenIDDelegate 1.0 	7 	Add OpenID delegation links to a Trac site.
- merely delegates the auth to other site

authopenid_middleware 0.1 	6 	OpenID authentication middleware for
WSGI applications
- yep, another openenabled wrapper

TGOpenIDLogin 0.1 	6 	OpenID login controller for TurboGears
- guess what? http://nxsy.org/code/tgopenidlogin/

TracAuthOpenId 0.1.9 	6 	OpenID plugin for Trac
- the same middleware wrapper, openidenabled

TestOpenID 0.2.2 	5 	A test consumer and server for Open ID.
- demonstration of how to use the python-openid library, enabled

gracie 0.2.8 	3 	Gracie - OpenID provider for local accounts
- GPLed and enabled

AuthKit 0.4.3 	1 	An authentication and authorization toolkit for WSGI
applications and frameworks
- you know the answer - http://authkit.org/trac/browser/AuthKit/trunk/setup.py

plone.app.layout 1.1.7 	1 	Layout mechanisms for Plone
- irrelevant

Products.SilvaForum 0.3.1 	1 	Forum for Silva
- irrelevant

wsgiauth 0.1
- uses openidenabled

No option.