[Python-Dev] PEP 374 (DVCS) now in reST

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Jan 23 09:39:17 CET 2009

> And I would like to thank my co-authors for their time and effort thus
> far in filling in the PEP on behalf of their favorite DVCS. Everyone
> has put in a lot of time already with I am sure more time in the
> future.

So what will happen next? ISTM that the PEP is not complete, since it
doesn't specify a specific DVCS to migrate to (i.e. it wouldn't be
possible to implement the PEP as it stands).

Somebody will have to make a decision. Ultimately, Guido will have to
approve the PEP, but it might be that he refuses to make a choice of
specific DVCS. Traditionally, it is the PEP author who makes all
choices (considering suggestions from the community, of course). So
what DVCS do the PEP authors recommend?

Regards,
Martin