[Python-Dev] PEP 374 (DVCS) now in reST

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jan 24 00:26:48 CET 2009

Brett Cannon wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 13:39, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure I'm
>> comfortable with sitting back and waiting to quite that extent (I'm
>> *already* biting my tongue over some of Brett's comments with which I
>> strongly disagree), but I'd rather not have the PEP dissolve in a
>> flamewar before Brett has a chance to study things better.
>>

> It's going to dissolve anyway. I am just trying to keep it to a single
> situation instead of having to go over it multiple times.

I have two suggestions:

1. Conduct the discussion on python-ideas rather than python-dev so as
to not overwhelm the day-to-day discussions and also to provide a bit of
psychological distance.

2. Have several focused threads.  Some examples:

Given three experimental setups
a. Experience with bzr
b. Experience with hg
c. Experience with git
later
d. Comparisons based on real experience

Your different comments might best be separately discussed.
"In the PEP, I said 'blah, blah'. Comments?"

Terry