[Python-Dev] FormatError() in callproc.c under win32

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jan 26 23:12:22 CET 2009

> In callproc.c from trunk is a function called SetException(), which calls
> FormatError() only to discard the contents. Can anyone enlighten me to the
> reasons thereof?

Interestingly enough, the code used to say

   PyErr_SetString(PyExc_WindowsError, lpMsgBuf);

Then it was changed to its current form, with a log message of

   Changes for windows CE, contributed by Luke Dunstan.  Thanks a lot!

See

http://ctypes.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ctypes/ctypes/source/callproc.c?hideattic=0&r1=1.127.2.15&r2=1.127.2.16

I suggest you ask Thomas Heller and Luke Dunstan (if available) what the
rationale for this partial change was.

Regards,
Martin