[Python-Dev] pprint(iterator)

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Tue Jan 27 23:06:34 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 01:46:35PM -0800, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
>    <enumerate object: 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F'>

   I like the idea, and I prefer this formatting. Also bear in mind there
are infinite generators, and there are iterators that cannot be reset. For
infinite generators pprint() must have a parameter, say, 'max_items', and
print <generator: 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', ...>. The situation with
iterators that cannot be reset should be documented.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru