[Python-Dev] undesireable unpickle behavior, proposed fix

Jake McGuire jake at youtube.com
Tue Jan 27 23:16:29 CET 2009

On Jan 27, 2009, at 12:39 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> I may have misunderstood how unpickling works
>
> Perhaps I have misunderstood your patch. Posting it to Rietveld might
> also be useful.

It is not immediately clear to me how Rietveld works.  But I have
created an issue on tracker:

http://bugs.python.org/issue5084

Another vaguely related change would be to store string and unicode
objects in the pickler memo keyed as themselves rather than their
object ids.  Depending on the data set, you can have many copies of
the same string, e.g. "application/octet-stream".  This may marginally
increase memory usage during pickling, depending on the data being
pickled and the way in which the code was written.

I'm happy to write this up if people are interested...

-jake