[Python-Dev] Python 3.0.1

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jan 29 19:57:43 CET 2009

Guido van Rossum wrote:
[...]
> Finally, to those who claim that 2.6 is a mess because multiprocessing
> wasn't perfectly stable at introduction: that's never been the
> standard we've used for totally *new* features. It's always been okay
> to add slightly immature features at a major release, as long as (a)
> they don't break anything else, and (b) we can fix things in the next
> release while maintaining backward compatibility.

There's a large distance between saying its introduction was ill-advised
and that 2.6 is a mess. I certainly never intimated such a thing (I said
it was "a rushed release"). Did anyone?

Of course we can fix it. Of course 2.6 is great.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119