[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration: progress report (PEP 385)

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 01:01:24 CEST 2009

On 3/07/2009 6:42 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> more feedback, a progress report. I know it's long, I've tried to put
> to keep it concise and chunked, though.

Although this has come up in the past, I don't recall a resolution.

What is your plan to handle svn:eol-style?  We have some files in the
tree which need that support and it isn't clear to me how that would
work with the existing win32text extension provided with current
mercurial releases.  (I've an outstanding patch to hg which should
address some of these issues, but without the 'rules' being versioned I
fear that would still fall short.)

Even more generally, how will you suggest Windows users work?  Will
local files, in general, have windows line endings or unix?  If the
latter, will there be hooks in-place to prevent editors on Windows
'accidently' mixing eol styles?  If so, this cycles back to the first
question - how would we know which files get treated that way?

Thanks,

Mark