[Python-Dev] PEP 376 and PEP 302 - allowing import hooks to provide distribution metadata

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 21:46:24 CEST 2009

2009/7/3 Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com>:
> Does this sound sensible? Tarek, would you be OK with me attempting to
> modify your prototype to support this protocol? Are there any tests
> for PEP 376, so that I can confirm I haven't completely broken
> something? If I can, I'll knock up some simple prototype importers for
> non-standard examples, and see how they work with all this.

Yes that's exactly what I was thinking about after the discussion we
had in the other
thread. This change would allow much more flexibility.

Pleas go ahead, it's located here :

http://bitbucket.org/tarek/pep376/

You can give me a bitbucket account so I can give you write access to the repo,
There are tests as long as you install Nose.

Tarek