[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration: progress report (PEP 385)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jul 4 11:28:09 CEST 2009

> I see that George Brandl and Martin van Loewis seem to be accomodating
> your viewpoint, but I don't get the impression that either you (as the
> hg migration proponent) nor they (as core committers) realize how far
> apart your assumptions are.

Actually, I (probably) don't agree to a merge flow different from the
one that we currently have.

All I asked that *if* Dirkjan is in favor of a change, he should propose
it explicitly, and fleshed-out, in the PEP, so that people can tear it
down.

I know that several committers are unhappy with the current merge flow
(Georg in particular), so this is important to discuss.

Regards,
Martin