[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration: progress report (PEP 385)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jul 5 20:00:14 CEST 2009

>> In proposing such a workflow, consider these requirements:
>
> It seems that there is a consensus to separate the 2.x and 3.x repos,
> and that also makes sense to me.

(I think) I wasn't primarily talking about the representation of
branches in hg - to that, I fully trust recommendations from hg users
and experts.

What will need debate and discussion in the PEP is the workflow, ie.
the order in which changes should be applied to the branches.

> If the checkin is done in the proper (the maint) branch, at least merging
> of that change is automatic whenever someone does a hg merge.

I probably don't fully understand, but that seems to imply a workflow
were all changes made to one branch should also automatically be
integrated into a different branch. I'm curious as to how such a
mechanism can apply to Python.

Regards,
Martin