[Python-Dev] Windows Toolchain

Eric Pruitt eric.pruitt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:46:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to build Python 3.1 on Windows XP Pro (32 bit) using Microsoft
Visual C++ Express Edition in order to test some modifications I made to the
_subprocess.c file as part of my Google Summer of Code proposal. I cannot
seem to figure out how to compile Python on Windows and could use some
guidance. The Visual Studio Solution file ../PCbuild/pcbuild.sln does not
work when I attempt to open and no error message is given when clicked. When
opened from the Visual C++, it says "Solution folders are not supported in
this version of the application."

Any advice is greatly appreciated,
Eric