[Python-Dev] Windows Toolchain

Eric Pruitt eric.pruitt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:32:49 CEST 2009

I opened the solution, hit Ctrl+F5 and it began compiling but it fails with
this error:
LINK :fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '.\python31_d.lib'

How do I specify that "pythoncore" be built? When I follow your
instructions, right clicking on the "python" project in the "Solution
Explorer" panel, I get the exact same link error as above. If I hit F7, the
build log changes completely. The last lines of output with F7 are as
follows:

> 21>Build log was saved at "file://C:\Documents and
Settings\James\Desktop\Python-3.1\PCbuild\Win32-temp-Debug\select\BuildLog.htm"