[Python-Dev] Windows Toolchain

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:09:45 CEST 2009

2009/7/13 Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt at gmail.com>:
> It is indeed the file ../PCBuild/pcbuild.sln. The line endings appear to be
> Unix style but after fixing them, I still have the same problem.

Where did you get your copy of the Python source from? If it's from
Subversion, I'm surprised the line endings are wrong. If it's
Mercurial, then this may be indicative of the still somewhat open
question of how line endings will be handled in Mercurial (which
doesn't have a server-side way of saying that a file should use
platform-native line endings).

If you still have the same problem after fixing the file, this may
indicate further damage, or maybe the fix isn't doing the right thing
as the file has already been opened (and mangled) by Visual Studio,

I'd suggest trying to reproduce your issue with a clean checkout from
Subversion.

It would also help if you could describe precisely the steps you took
to download the sources and build them (I appreciate that this may not
be easy now, after you've tried various things).

Paul.