[Python-Dev] Support for Python/Windows

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue Jul 21 23:36:50 CEST 2009

Steve Holden wrote:
> Devs:
>
> I've been in correspondence with Microsoft about the provision of
> software, and it transpires that if you want to support Windows better
> Microsoft will be quite liberal about licensing: they will *give* you a
> Microsoft Developer Network license.
>
> If you are interested in offering better Windows support then please
> read the email below (note: Windows buildbot support would be a
> qualifying activity) and let me have the required details. I will pass
> them to Tom in bulk to simplify the processing.

[...]

>> MSDN subscriptions include copies of most Microsoft products (including Office and Exchange) for use while developing and testing software.  For more details, check here - we provide Visual Studio Pro with MSDN Premium under this program (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/subscriptionschart.aspx).

Thanks you for getting in touch with Microsoft. The deal is worth a
fortune for any Windows developer!

Does the MSDN subscription also include the permission to create and
release binaries? Sam Ramji wrote just "developing and testing". Me and
probably all other subscribers like to use the MSDN subscription to
build Windows binaries of Python and Python related extensions. Can you
please verify that we are allowed to use the subscription for that
purpose, too?

Christian