[Python-Dev] Update to Python Documentation Website Request

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Sat Jul 25 15:41:24 CEST 2009

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 10:28:51 +0100, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> ??? I see no bias as you describe in the distutils enhancement work.

ok

> Native applications are by definition not platform neutral. How does
> your proposal help Linux users? Mac OS? Solaris?

I'm doing a Linux/Solaris version. But I find issues every day that
must be addressed.

> If your concern is to make things easier for Windows users, then your
> application is worthwhile, but it should probably remain an external
> project. If it gets overwhelming support, maybe providing a
> standardised version with a simplified UI in the core would be an
> option.

That sounds ok.

> How many users do you have currently?

Approx 250 downloads this (first) month for the windows version. I need
to extend coverage to Linux and the Mac. Given that I'm relatively new
to all this there's a learning curve.

But so far so good.

David