[Python-Dev] Update to Python Documentation Website Request

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Tue Jul 28 02:50:57 CEST 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:33:37 +0200, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>
wrote:
>> pythonpkgmgr is not so different to that. And the idea behind it is
>> to bring consistancy in package management across the different
>> platforms.
>
> At the cost of being inconsistent within a platform.

It has the most generic of user interfaces.

On Windows, a command line interface is the most out-of-place thing
anybody could ask for.

19/20 kids these days wouldn't even know what a command line interface
is until you show them.

The first thing that they would look for is a GUI tool in the Python X.Y
programs menu...

So I respectfully say that there couldn't be anything less true than
the assertion that a GUI package manager is inconsistent within a
modern GUI desktop environment.

David