[Python-Dev] PEP 376

Tue Jun 30 22:06:07 CEST 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Paul Moore<p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [1] I'd actually like it if the PEP defined an uninstall command -
>> something like "python -m distutils.uninstall packagename". It can be
>> as minimalist as you like, but I'd like to see it present.
>
> it's already there:
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0376/#adding-an-uninstall-function

That (at least as I read it) is a function, not a command.
If it is a command, give an example of its use from the command line
for us poor "don't want to research" people.  If the following works:

     $ python setup.py uninstall some_package

Then explicitly say so for us poor schlubs.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org