[Python-Dev] How do I get commit access?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Mar 2 19:50:57 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> skip at pobox.com wrote:
>>
>>    >> Indeed.  I'd be willing to grant you checkin privileges for
>> SpamBayes
>>    >> simply because because Christian recognized you and you seem willing
>>    >> to roll up your sleeves. Do you do Windows?  <wink>
>>
>>    Chris> The irony that Thunderbird put this in my spam folder based on
>>    Chris> its heuristics is not lost on me ;-)
>>
>> So, when can you start? :-)
>
> When the test and patch attached to this issue get committed:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue4308

I'd like to jump in and vouch for Chris. I've known him for many years
and while we haven't worked closely I expect he'd be a valuable
contributor. So +1 from me for giving Chris commit privileges for core
Python. (Chris, I assume you'll go through an apprentice phase where
you'll be letting another committer review your changes before you
commit them yourself. Rietveld at codereview.appspot.com should be
helpful for getting your code reviewed. (Just use upload.py instead of
the Create Issue form. :-)