[Python-Dev] PEP 372 -- Adding an ordered directory to collections ready for pronouncement

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 2 23:48:21 CET 2009

> Is it a class or function?  What does it do?  Can the English as second
> language folks guess what the o stands for?  Is it a builtin or pure
> python?  My guess is that the experiment will be informative.

I'll do that tomorrow (if I manage to remember). My guess is that
"ordered dictionary" is as descriptive to them as "odict" or "blonzo"
(well, perhaps they do recognize the "dictionary" part of it, and
manage not to confuse it with "directory"). As for the "ordered"
part, my guess is that most people will suggest that it means "sorted"
(native speakers or not).

Regards,
Martin