[Python-Dev] [Tracker-discuss] Adding a "Rietveld this" button?

Daniel (ajax) Diniz ajaksu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 15:25:22 CET 2009

CC'ing python-dev, as more RFEs might be uncovered :)

Daniel (ajax) Diniz wrote:
> Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> I think a patch (or full file) would be good enough. We could put it
>> into the tracker itself, and publish it prominently where people
>> upload files.
>
> I'll post it as a patch and a full file at issue 247 when I get to it.

Posted as full file to
http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue247 , Guido suggests
the wrapper way so I won't bother with creating patches now.

> [snip code]
>> Nice! I didn't think of something that complicated (or, rather,
>> complicated in a different way):
>>
>> upload.py --roundup 5428
>
> Just to be clear, this will work as if the user passed the following options:
>
> upload.py --message "[issue5428] Pyshell history management error"
> --cc report at bugs.python.org
>
> Right? :)

If that is right, it works :)

>> That could either fill in a description given by -d, or fetch
>> the description from roundup.
>
> Fetching a description is as easy as fetching a title[1], but I can't
> think of a fixed place to look for one (last message? last patch
> description?). Maybe we can add another option that tells the script
> where to fetch description/content from? Something like "
> [-F|--fetch_description] msg83029" ?

Works too, for files or messages :)

Examples:
http://bugs.python.org/issue400608