[Python-Dev] Forgotten Py3.0 change to remove Queue.empty() and Queue.full()

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Sat Mar 7 00:19:24 CET 2009

[Martin v. Löwis]
> I disagree that our users are served by constantly breaking the
> API, and removing stuff just because we can. I can't see how
> removing API can possibly serve a user.

Am not following you here.  My suggestion was to remove the two
methods in Py3.1 which isn't even in alpha yet.  This is for a feature
that has a simple substitute, was undocumented for Py3.0, and had
long been documented in Py2.x as being unreliable.

It's seems silly to me that an incomplete patch from a year ago
would need to wait another two years to ever see the light of day
(am presuming that 3.1 goes final this summer and that 3.2 follows
18 months later). That being said, I don't really care much.
We don't actually have to do anything.  It could stay in forever
and cause no harm.

Raymond