[Python-Dev] Forgotten Py3.0 change to remove Queue.empty() and Queue.full()

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Sat Mar 7 15:09:26 CET 2009

[MvL]
> At this point, I do request that the patch is reverted completely
> (i.e. that the documentation is restored), and that the qualification
> "not reliable!" is removed from the doc strings of the methods, as
> it is factually incorrect.

I would be happy to restore the documentation.  You want the methods
back and I think that's sufficient reason to bring it back.

The "not reliable" wording in the docstrings was put there by Guido 16 years ago.
http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Lib/Queue.py?revision=3158&view=markup
Speak to him about this.  I'm done with this thread.

Raymond