[Python-Dev] Pickler/Unpickler API clarification

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Mar 8 05:55:34 CET 2009

Michael Haggerty wrote:

> Typically, the purpose of a database is to persist data across program
> runs.  So typically, your suggestion would only help if there were a way
> to persist the primed Pickler across runs.

I don't think you need to be able to pickle picklers.

In the case in question, the master pickler would be primed
by pickling all the shared classes, and the resulting pickle
would be stored in the database.

When unpickling, the master unpickler would be primed by
unpickling the shared pickle.

--
Greg