[Python-Dev] BZR mirror and pushing to Launchpad

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythondev at puzzling.org
Mon Mar 9 06:26:49 CET 2009

Ross Light wrote:
[...]
> However, my understanding is that Launchpad will not automatically
> stack if you are using the Python.org branch; you must use the
> Launchpad mirror.  If you want to stack off the Python.org branch,
> then I think you need to manually stack.

It is true that if the source branch that you push to Launchpad is not in a
stacking-capable format, then the automatic stacking will not happen.  But
that shouldn't be the case with the Python.org branch;
<http://code.python.org/python/trunk/> uses the latest format which is
stacking-capable.

On the other hand, it does appear that
<https://code.launchpad.net/~rdmurray/python/bug5450> is a branch that is
not stacking-capable.  I'm not sure how this could happen by following the
instructions on the the wiki page.

-Andrew.