[Python-Dev] Regexp 2.7

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Mar 10 20:39:37 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:32:10AM -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Hm, what's wrong with the existing set of regex test cases? This is
> one of the most complete set of test cases in our test suite.

There's never anything wrong with having more test cases!  However, if
you have a choice of which test suite to improve, I would choose
another module to work on.  The re module was once based on PCRE and a
lot of its test suite was ported into the Python one, so there may not
much relevant to add.  But please do whatever you like...

--amk