[Python-Dev] Fwd: Addition of further status options to tracker

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 00:35:04 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 15:33, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Brett Cannon wrote:
>> > If we can come up with a simple solution to this problem (perhaps have
>> > issues set to under development with no activity shift down a status
>> > level after a month) then maybe we will have something everyone can be
>> > happy with.
>>
>> If an issue is assigned, then somebody has claimed it and is working on
>> it (or it has at least been sent to a specific person for consideration).
>>

> Right, but that is for core developers only. I think Tennessee is worrying
> about non-core folks.

Absolutely, I don't have any issue with the way the most important issues
are being worked on now, I just think that less-experienced developers could
do a lot more to help out with simple tasks / early-stage tasks. If the rest
of us can help ease the burden by getting issues properly sorted out before
they go to core developers (writing unit tests, sorting out requirements
clearly, documentation, patch suggestions etc) then they won't need to spend
as much time on simple maintenance.

Cheers,
-T

Tennessee Leeuwenburg