[Python-Dev] Building Py3K branch docs with Sphinx

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Mar 12 11:11:51 CET 2009

Can I ask which flavour of Sphinx is being used to build the py3k docs?
I've taken the naive approach of simply pulling the sources from
branches/py3k and then calling make checkout to fetch the appropriate
sources, but these are from http://svn.python.org/projects and are
the same for 2.x and 3.x (and don't work under 3.x).

The latest sphinx from its mercurial tip repo has the same issues
so I wondered whether built the released docs used some other svn
source or simply patched. The readme points out that the code won't
work under Python 3.x but someone's managed to build the docs for
the already-released versions.

(using the make.bat under Windows, but AFAICT the unix-style Makefile
would have the same issues).

TJG