[Python-Dev] Fwd: installation with ubuntu 8.04

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sat Mar 14 05:00:06 CET 2009

Op vrijdag 13-03-2009 om 04:13 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef John
Wagner:

> I am sorry to bother about this but I've asked for help from Canonical
> with no reply.

> They seem reluctant to update Python beyond version 2.5; I'm trying to
> install 3.0.1.

If you can wait until April 23rd then you will be able to use python 2.6
(as the default) or python 3.0.1 (as an option for your apps) on the
next release of Ubuntu (9.04).

Maybe Ubuntu will provide a package of python 3.0.1 in the 8.04
backports too, if there is enough demand for it.  And if not, somebody
can make a backport for Ubuntu 8.04 in a PPA on launchpad.

--
Jan Claeys