[Python-Dev] Core projects for Summer of Code

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 03:17:37 CET 2009

If it's organized in time we could scoop up some of the SoC applicants who
we'll like to have but we won't have slots for

Honestly I like the idea of competitions.  Better publicity, the greater
prizes will draw out some better minds from the community, and competitions
based on quality will help ensure usable code.  They could vary in reward
based on how difficult the problem is and perhaps have some Python swag as
runner-up prizes.

It'd also be a great way to promote Python 3.