[Python-Dev] Multiprocessing on Solaris

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 22 08:00:44 CET 2009

> According to the user's experience multiprocessing should not compile
> and run correctly unless this patch is applied.

Can this please be more qualified? I can confirm Scott's observation:
for the trunk, it compiles just fine, using SunPro CC on Solaris 10,
on SPARC. Also, test_multiprocessing passes.

IIUC, incorrect setting of HAVE_SEM_TIMEDWAIT to 1 should cause a
compile failure, as sem_timedwait would be called but not defined.
However, sem_timedwait *is* defined on Solaris.

Likewise, for HAVE_FD_TRANSFER=1 to work, SCM_RIGHTS must be defined
(and implemented); it is defined in sys/socket.h, and documented in
socket.h(3HEAD).

So there must be going on something else at the user's machine.

Regards,
Martin