[Python-Dev] an unimportant question, ...

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 22 20:01:36 CET 2009

> Now, the internals are very clear to me. What I don't understand
> is where the three saved bytes should be.

If you look at the various patches in

http://bugs.python.org/issue576101

then there is a three-byte saving in all versions from 1 to 6.
Consequentially, the API was changed in those versions (but only
starting from version 5, i.e. the first version created by Guido).

For some reason, the saving was then removed from the patch that
got actually committed (#7). I guess the comment just stayed.

Regards,
Martin