[Python-Dev] Integrate BeautifulSoup into stdlib?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Mar 23 22:47:36 CET 2009

>>> Yes, well known for its ability to run on Windows and Mac OS...
>> Is it? I had never heard before that aptitude works well on
>> Windows (although it does work on OSX).
>
> I'm actually not quite sure if that was a sarcastic response to Chris's
> original sarcasm, or if the original sarcasm just didn't cross the
> language barrier very well...

The former, in this case.

> I believe that was Chris's point as well - unlike Linux, getting new
> packages directly from third parties rather than from a distro provided
> repository is still the norm on Windows and OS X.

Sure. However, I don't think that Chris' proposed solution (whatever
that is) would improve my life - it would likely make things worse for
me (already the introduction of eggs made the life worse for Debian
package maintainers, at least initially - i.e. for a few years).

Regards,
Martin