[Python-Dev] "setuptools has divided the Python community"

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 21:14:24 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
>
>> {{{

>> ['resource_isdir', 'resource_listdir']
>
> BTW, under a better name, I would support putting pkg_resources in the
> stdlib.

... or a subset of it ? or integrating its features with PEP 302 ? ...
Sounds interesting to me ...

/me thinking aloud

... perhaps unifying these features with loaders in standard PEP 302
is the way ... :-§ ... dont see the point of having an isolated module
for doing what loaders should do ... including that there are plans to
do it already ... thereby duplicating functionality in loaders and
ResourceManager, and so on ...

And'u ? What d'u think ?

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Comandos : Pipe Viewer ... ¿Qué está pasando por esta tubería?