[Python-Dev] Test failures under Windows?

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 23:07:21 CEST 2009

Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com> writes:

> Btw, I am working on finding out the test suite failures for
> test_multiprocessing.

This is all well and good, but I still haven't seen any plausible
reason for not preventing these popups (in favor of stderr failures)
during buildbot test runs?  I don't get it - it just seems a no
brainer to help protect the Windows buildbots.  Surely there may be
similar issues down the road that also introduce the potential for
assertions?

I guess I'll stop asking after this note, but can anyone give a final
verdict on whether the older "-n" option can be restored to the
buildbot test.bat (from the revision history I'm not actually sure it
was intentionally removed in the first place)?  Unlike normal Windows
popups I can't protect against it easily through local modifications
to my build slave, since test.bat gets updated as part of the source
tree.

-- David