[Python-Dev] PEP 383 and GUI libraries

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Fri May 1 13:13:24 CEST 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 at 23:44, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
> Would it be possible for Python unicode objects to have a flag
> indicating whether the 'python-escape' error handler was present?  That

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, couldn't you implement what you
need by looking in a given string for the half surrogates?  If you find
one, you have a string python-escape modified, if you don't, it didn't.

What does Tahoe do on Windows when it gets a filename that is not valid
Unicode?  You might not even have to conditionalize the above code
on platform (ie: instead you have a generalized is_valid_unicode test
function that you always use).

--David