[Python-Dev] Easy way to detect filesystem case-sensitivity?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri May 8 01:29:51 CEST 2009

[my python-dev sabbatical is still in effect, so make sure I am at least
cc'ed on any replies to this email]

I cannot be the only person who has a need to run tests conditionally based
on whether the file system is case-sensitive or not, so I feel like I am
re-inventing the wheel for issue 5442 to handle OS X with a case-sensitive
filesystem. Is there a boolean somewhere that I can simply check or get to
know whether the filesystem is case-sensitive?

-Brett